- To be a writer, just write!
- No one sits down, opens a book with a blank page, writes, “Chapter 1” and creates a masterpiece.
- Read a variety of good and interesting texts to broaden your view of what writing can be.
- Daily practice in writing will keep your mind and fingers flexible.
- Writing is a process. It takes time. Be patient with yourself.
- Share with others! You don’t have to use their suggestions, but having a feel for your audience improves your voice.
- Read aloud, even to yourself, to see if your words sound natural.
- Write about what you know, what you care about, what scares you, what inspires you…
- A little research is sometimes helpful in guiding your imagination toward mysterious destinations. What is the weather like in winter in Chile? What foods do people in Bulgaria enjoy? Real facts can make even fiction more realistic.